Saturday, September 12, 2015

Let's be Crazy for God!


                                                Lets be Crazy for God….

                In my Bible study (I am reading through a women’s study Bible) I am in 2nd Samuel and really loving it. Today I read an interesting scene that had me excited and I wanted to share it with you. David is finally crowned King on all Israel and his palace is finished, he sends people to bring the Ark of the Covenant to the City of David. People have gathered, this is a huge celebration. As the Ark of the Covenant and for those that are not aware of what this is, it’s God. God would come down and reside wherever this was placed. It was built when God freed the Israelites from Egypt and brought on many battles so that God could help fight with them. So are you seeing what a HUGE deal this is! By this point, David had a few wives but during this celebration, only one is mentioned. Michal, the daughter of Saul, the King before David. In his early years and I believe in his later ones too Saul knew and loved God. He raised his children to as well, there are many verses that tell about Saul’s son Jonathan’s faith and dedication to the LORD. Therefore, here is the thing that got me. Saul’s daughter, Michal, a women who claimed to love David, was referenced to be watching the celebration from her window. She was not joining in but watching. While she watched, David became so filled with Joy and Love for his Lord that he started to dance. Jumping and flaring about, tambourines and other interments started to play. Other people, women included joined in, it was a real party and God was the reason. Instead of joining her husband, Michal became angry at seeing him acting like a fool and dancing in front of other women (slave girls she calls them). When her husband, came to her filled with joy wishing to share it with her, she rebuked him. I loved his response to her.

            Second Samuel 6:21-21

            “David said to Michal, “It is before the LORD, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the LORD’s people Israel- I will celebrate before the LORD. V.22- I will become even more undignified that this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor.”

            Don’t you love that? King David is telling his wife, the Queen, that he doesn’t care what the town, or anyone else thinks. He doesn’t even care about his own pride “…I will be humiliated in my own eyes.” This shook me because how often are we limited by other people and ourselves. We don’t raise our hands to God in church for fear of what others my think. FYI- my daughter told me once she raises her hand because that how she can hold God’s hand. How often do we stop talking about God or singing in front of them because we don’t wish to hear the criticism? I’ve decided I am done caring about what other people think, shoot I am writing all this down for who knows who to read. Let start being undignified, crazy, humiliating, joyful, caring, and forget about who other than God is watching. I am not asking you to go nuts and stop using the brain God created you with, I am saying if God leads you to stop and give money to someone, dance in church, share Him with a stranger or family, do it. Trust me when we step out in faith and trust God’s leading it is never a mistake. But watch out for when we ignore the leading of God, it’s worse than when we disobeyed as children. The blessing you could have received by acting will not be given in that moment.

            I hope this has helped someone and as always comments are welcome. Keep reading and Keep being crazy for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment